Eating Habits that Work
Here is a list of 20 eating habits to make part of your lifestyle. Put them to use today, and you'll find that you have increased energy along with considerable weight loss!
- Eat more in the morning and less as the day goes on.
- In the evening eat some light protein (chicken, lean steak or fish), salad, vegetables of any kind and low starch. Just a little rice, whole wheat bread, etc.
- Keep caloric intake to around 1800-2400 per day. Most Americans consume 3000-5000 per day and are wondering why they are not losing weight.
- Eat fruit in the morning. It is when you body can handle it the best.
- Drink water all day. It speeds up your metabolism.
- Do not drink sweetened iced teas, sweetened coffee drinks, or canned juices of any kind. They are loaded with 13 MG-40 MG of sugar per can. Sugar increases insulin levels and that results in added weight.
- Lower the amount of starches in your diet- potatoes, rice, bread and pasta.
- Choose a diet that consists of 50% protein, 30% carbohydrate and 25% fat.
- Eat live foods every day (fruits and vegetables)
- Eat organic (foods that do not use pesticides or artificial means of ripening)
- Organic foods can be found in farmers market or Whole Foods Market.
- Limit the amount of low fat or non fat foods, which replace fat with sugar, and gets processed as fat in the body.
- Do not buy foods that have trans fats, high sugar content, or chemicals added after the main ingredients.
- Eat constantly throughout the day. Not two or three large meals. Keep you body fueled.
- Order extra vegetables or fruit, instead of a potato, rice or bread with a meal when eating out.
- Get more comfortable without adding sugar to tea or coffee. It takes 1-2 weeks.
- Drink less soda and sweet drinks. As few as 2 or 3 sodas or sweet drinks will keep 10-18 extra pounds on. Soda's are known by all doctors as "Osteoporosis in a Can. ” Stop now!
- Eggs, protein shakes, nuts and seeds are good extra sources of protein.
- During the weekend, make chicken, turkey, steak, fish, veggies, etc. and put them in containers to take with you to work through the week.
- Snack on dried fruit, almonds, walnuts, lean jerky, grapes, raisins, fruit, olives, lean crackers.